Art Show and Sale
October 15-16, 2016 – 9am-4pm
South Surrey Recreation & Arts Centre
14601 – 20th Avenue, Surrey, B.C.
Award Winning Artists:
Adriana Molina, Alyson Thorpe, Audrey Bakewell, Sandra Tomchuk, Mary Stevenson, and Reet Herder
Members of the South Surrey and White Rock Art Society
The winners of the FINE ART CHALLENGE were announced
The Grand Opening of the new South Surrey Arts and Recreation Centre has been rescheduled to Saturday May 10th. Come and join in the festivities! There will be original art on display as well as live music, dancing, face painting, demonstrations
and unveiling of the public art which will the exterior of the building. SSWRAS has special activities taking place in the visual arts room. Be sure to check us out! The construction of the building is still on track for substantial completion by the end of February. Move-in will be scheduled during March and new programs will start in April. submitted by Sandra Wagstaff
The Surrey Arts Centre, the new home for the South Surrey & White Rock Art Society, will be opening!
Continue reading Opening – South Surrey Recreation & Arts Centre (South Surrey Arts Centre)
BC Culture Days Provincial Launch
Date: Thursday, September 25, 2014
Time: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Location: Surrey City Hall, Centre Stage, 13450 104th Avenue
Presented in partnership with the City of Surrey, Surrey Arts Centre, Surrey Art Gallery, and Surrey Libraries, the BC Culture Days provincial launch will take place on September 25, 2014 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Surrey City Hall, Centre Stage. Everyone is invited to join in this free public community celebration featuring:
– Christopher Gaze, Artistic Director of Bard on the Beach as emcee;
– Performances by Country singer, Lisa Brokop, Spirit of the West’s John Mann, Surrey City Orchestra Brass Ensemble, Praise TEAM (hip hop dance troupe),and Heritage Re-enactors;
– A cultural forecastby CTV’s Marke Driesschen;
Salmon by Evelyn Roth, 1997, fabric sculpture; Collection of the Surrey
Art Gallery. Acquired with the support of the Canada Council for the Arts
Acquisition Assistance program. Photograph by Brian Geibelhaus.
– Speakers, Sal Ferreras, Provost and Vice President Academic at Kwantlen Polytechnic University and Lucille Pacey, President and CEO of Arts Umbrella;
– Surrey Art Gallery’s giant inflatable salmon by artist, Evelyn Roth & Surrey Libraries storytelling;
– A poetry reading by Rawle Iam James, 2014 BC Culture Days Ambassador;
– Onsite sketching by Elizabeth Hollick and painting activities presented by the South Surrey/ White Rock Society;
– Food trucks & more!
In May 2014 The South Surrey Recreation and Art Centre Expansion was opening. South Surrey & White Rock Art Society played a big part in making it happen!