May 16 & 17, 2020
Colour…How to make it your Slave! with Catherine Robertson(acrylic/oil)
Mixing what you want for the effects you want. No more mud!
Cost: Member $140.00
REGISTRATION OPENS ON February 1st, 2020 AND
CLOSES ON May 1st, 2020
Maximum of 16 people in class so register early
Workshop dates: Saturday and Sunday, May 16 & 17, 2020 in the Visual Arts Studio at the South Surrey Recreation Centre, 14601 20th Avenue, South Surrey, BC
Time: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please arrive at 9:30 a.m. to set up
Class Description: Learn how to mix the exact colours you wish each time, no more ‘mud’, along with many other important and useful techniques necessary for harmony. The use of neutral areas, proportions, clarity, playing warms against cools, making colour ‘glow’, setting the mood, values and accents in colour etc.
A thorough colour knowledge assists in beautiful work as well as peace of mind in the often-confusing task of colour mixing. (we will be making our own 12-point colour wheel, based on the 12-hour clock)! One exercise will mix ‘requested’ colours and explains why we used what we did for the result.
Oils, Acrylics OR Prismacolour Coloured Pencils
Cadmium Red Light, Cad. Yellow Light, French Ultramarine Blue, Viridian Green, Alizarin Crimson, Cerulean Blue, Titanium White, Cobalt or Ivory Black, any other colours of ‘your’ choice. The equivalent colours if using coloured pencils.
- Low odour paint thinner/solvent for Oils.
- water container(s) for acrylics
- paper peel palette for mixing
- brushes of choice but one 1/2″ Flat
- pencil sharpener for coloured pencils
- any other favourite supplies you use yourself
- please bring along a picture or two you might use as subject matter.
- rags or paper towels
- 5 – 6, or more, small dollar-store canvas for practice. (approx. 8 ” x 10″ or larger. Your choice).
- A drawing pad if using coloured pencils