South Surrey White Rock Art Society Thursday Night Classes are for MEMBERS ONLY.
These classes are Free to members but with Limited Enrollment! Come to join us and learn!
Thursday night is our painting and fun nights. Come to join us and learn!
Classes are Thursdays evenings from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the South Surrey Recreation and Arts Centre, Visual Arts Room, 14601 20th Avenue, Surrey.
Attendees are expected to
- Arrive at 6:15 pm to help set up and get yourself set up and ready for class.
- Refrain from wearing any scented products like perfume, cologne/aftershave, scented hand creams, etc. as many people have sensitives to these products in the class or at our monthly meetings (please save those for your date nights!).
- Assist with the take down at the end of the class
For all Thursday night classes, you must pre-register. This can be done in one of two ways –
1. by email at email@example.com providing the following information
Name / Phone number / Email address / Class Name / Class Dates
2. by signing up at the meeting and providing your Name, email and phone number
Thursday evening classes are NOT run on a drop-in basis. Those that sign up for these classes are expected to attend each of the nights the class is offered. Once you have signed up please make note of the class(es) you have signed up for. A reminder email will go out in advance of the class BUT please be sure to make note of all classes you sign up for.
Please familiarize yourself with the society’s refund policy and review the workshop/classroom courtesies posted the website.
If, after you have signed up for the classes you find that you can not attend please notify the workshop chair as soon as possible so that someone on the waitlist or another member can take advantage of this wonderful learning opportunity offered to the SSWR Art Society members.
Please Note: If the course is full please submit your name to be added to the waitlist. If a spot becomes available you will be notified.
If you have ANY questions or have to cancel please contact the Thursday Class coordinator, Jacqui Tremblay at firstname.lastname@example.org and not the instructor. Thank you!
- Your own personal palette of favourite colours, acrylics or oils
- Pad of drawing paper and pencil
- Black pen - thick wedge type
- usual painting equipment;
- rags, paper towels, water jar or solvent container
- Your favourite brushes, one 1" or so for quick block-ins
- peel paper palette - medium gray is helpful to judge your values
- Lots of photos with definite light and shadow areas in them!!!
- 5 or 6 canvases approx. 11" x 14" (dollar store variety fine - 2 or 3 for exercises and 1 or 2 will be for a finished piece) (just not too big or too small).
June 27 to August 1st, 2019
Six Sessions 2 1/2 hours each
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Please arrive at 6:15 to help to set up the studio
Open to 16 Members Only
By understanding light and shadow families, and how correct values can be established for each family, colour becomes easy to mix for a beautifully balanced painting. It's seldom the colours that do not work in a painting but rather the values. This class offers and teaches several useful techniques used by many of the well-known and successful painters of landscape and other genre.