South Surrey White Rock Art Society Thursday Night Classes are for MEMBERS ONLY.
These classes are Free to members but with Limited Enrollment! Come to join us and learn!
Thursday night is our painting and fun nights. Come to join us and learn!
Classes are Thursdays evenings from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the South Surrey Recreation and Arts Centre, Visual Arts Room, 14601 20th Avenue, Surrey.
Attendees are expected to
- Arrive at 6:15 pm to help set up and get yourself set up and ready for class.
- Refrain from wearing any scented products like perfume, cologne/aftershave, scented hand creams, etc. as many people have sensitives to these products in the class or at our monthly meetings (please save those for your date nights!).
- Assist with the take down at the end of the class
For all Thursday night classes, you must pre-register. This can be done in one of two ways –
1. by email at email@example.com providing the following information
Name / Phone number / Email address / Class Name / Class Dates
2. by signing up at the meeting and providing your Name, email and phone number
Thursday evening classes are NOT run on a drop-in basis. Those that sign up for these classes are expected to attend each of the nights the class is offered. Once you have signed up please make note of the class(es) you have signed up for. A reminder email will go out in advance of the class BUT please be sure to make note of all classes you sign up for.
Please familiarize yourself with the society’s refund policy and review the workshop/classroom courtesies posted the website.
If, after you have signed up for the classes you find that you can not attend please notify the workshop chair as soon as possible so that someone on the waitlist or another member can take advantage of this wonderful learning opportunity offered to the SSWR Art Society members.
Please Note: If the course is full please submit your name to be added to the waitlist. If a spot becomes available you will be notified.
If you have ANY questions or have to cancel please contact the Thursday Class coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org and not the instructor. Thank you!
- Scene simplification by focusing on shapes,
- Connecting/interconnecting shapes with
various wash techniques
- Creating a value map and applying the map to
the painting process
- Texture as a compositional element and using
dry brush techniques to create it
- Using colour to create harmony
Composition, Design and Process in with Ian de Hoog
with Ian de Hoog
2, 9, 16, 23, 30 and May 7, 2020
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 9:00
Location: Visual Arts Studio, South Surrey Recreation Centre
“Begin with the end in mind and then put first things first” - Stephen Covey
Join me as we step through some of the more
interesting aspects of creating a painting.
While some topics will definitely cross mediums, the focus of this class
will be how these aspects are specifically affected by the watercolour medium.
Topics will include: