**UPDATED**Click HERE to see the list of upcoming Weekend workshops for 2018!!
- Registration for workshops in January March and April opens October 25th, 2017 – You can find the manual registration form HERE
- Registration for workshops in June, September and October opens April 5th, 2018
South Surrey White Rock Art Society Weekend Workshops are open to members and non-members alike. Participants will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. You have not assured a place in the workshop until your payment is received. There are a member and non-member price for all workshops offered through the Society.
For all Weekend Workshops, you must pre-register and prepay. This can be done two ways –
- Online line with payment via PayPal – this is the preferred method and guarantees you a spot in the workshop. You do not need to have a PayPal Account to pay this way. When you click submit at the bottom of the form give the system a few minutes to change from our website to the PayPal website where you can pay by Visa or Master Card.
OR, for members only…
- Requesting a registration form and providing the Workshop Chair or the Treasurer with a completed registration form along with your full payment in the form of a cheque made out to the South Surrey White Rock Art Society. You can request the registration form by email.
Weekend Workshops are NOT run on a drop-in basis. Those that register for the workshop are expected to attend each day of the workshop. We encourage you to make note of any workshops that you have registered for in your calendar. A reminder email will go out in advance of the workshop, however, is it good to keep track of this yourself.
If, after you have registered for a workshop you find that you can not attend please notify the workshop chair as soon as possible so that someone on the waitlist or another member can take advantage of this wonderful learning opportunity.
**NEW** Please read the Workshop Refund Policy HERE
Please Note: If the workshop is full you can still submit your name to be added to the waitlist. If a spot becomes available you will be notified.
All classes are held at South Surrey Recreation and Arts Centre, in the Visual Arts Studio located at 14601 20th Avenue, Surrey, in the Visual Arts Studio and are held from 10 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Attendees are expected to
- Arrive at 9:15 am to help set up and get yourself set up and ready for class.
- Refrain from wearing any scented products like perfume, cologne/aftershave, scented hand creams, etc. as many people have sensitives to these products in the class or at our monthly meetings (please save those for your date nights!).
- Assist with the takedown at the end of the class
- Bring a lunch OR you can check out the café on site, Sources which is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. If you choose to do the later, we STRONGLY suggest that you pre-order your lunch upon arrival or on your morning break to ensure you get a timely delivery at noon.
If you have any questions or have to cancel please contact the Workshop Chair, Violet Smythe, as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not contact the instructor. Thank you!
Coastal Scenes with Marney-Rose Edge (Watercolour only)
2-day workshop - September 15 & 16, 2018
14 spots open
Registration opens April 5th, 2018
Cost: Member $185.00 Non Member $210.00
Maximum of 14 people in the class so register early
The sea has many moods from relaxing to tumultuous. Imagine being able to capture these feelings in your paintings. Many people have a tendency to muddy the water. Learn how to bring your painting to life whether it’s a stormy grey sea or the beautiful turquoise of the tropics.Click here for full post
Registration opens April 5th, 2018
Cost: Member $150.00 Non Member $175.00
Maximum of 16 people in the class so register early
For beginners and intermediate drawers, where we build on and reinforce basic and important drawing skills through angles/proportion/basic shapes/etc. while discovering the uniquely expressive quality charcoal.Click here for full post