Saturday, April 22 and Sunday April 23, 2017
10am to 6 pm
Entries for the Spring Art Show are no longer being accepted
SSWRAS SPRING 2017 ART SHOW RULES
LOCATION: South Surrey Recreation & Arts Centre, 14601 20 Avenue, Surrey
DATES & TIMES: Saturday, April 22 & Sunday, April 23 – 10am – 6pm
ENTRY FEE: $10 for a maximum of two pieces. Only one can be greater than 24″ wide. No charge for work in baskets or cards.
DROP OFF DAY: Friday, April 21 between 5 – 6 pm
PICK UP DAY: Sunday, April 23 at 6 pm
(No early pickups)
By entering this show you certify that the artwork you are submitting is not a copy or derivative, or based on the work of others, and does not infringe on any copyright. No digital reproductions (giclees) or prints allowed. You must be a paid up member of the Society to submit artwork for the show.
The Cut Off Date for entering the show is: April 14 2017.
Print and mail the attached entry form with your cheque for $10.00 made out to SSWRAS and send to:
Lynne Bradford, #32 8560 156th Street, Surrey, BC V3S 6K4
NOTE: If you need to make changes to your original entry form please notify the Art Coordinator, Lynne Bradford no later than one week before the show at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-593-4587.
ART SHOW RULES
For Art That Will Be Hung
– All artwork will be for sale. A 15% commission to the Society will be collected on sales of all work including cards and artwork in baskets. No holds allowed, all sales are final and prices set before start of show are firm.
– Originals only, no reproductions
– Your name, the title of the piece and phone number must be on the back of the painting
– Prices are to be in increments of $5.00 – for instance $195 or $200 – no $199
– Watercolour, pastel and charcoal works to be behind glass
– Work must have a hanging wire. Any piece without a hanging wire will not be hung
– Two paintings and only one can be greater than 24″ wide
– Paintings will be hung by a hanging committee
– Paintings will have a show label supplied by the art coordinator
– If you sell a painting, DO NOT bring another
Requirements for Cards
– Only original artwork or a copy or photograph of original artwork
– Must be in plastic sleeves (no sandwich bags or saran wrap)
– Each individual card or set of cards to be affixed with a price label
– Cards to be in box or basket approximately “shoebox” size – (“7 wide) – one box per entry
– Nothing other than cards to be in baskets (i.e. no books, calendars, etc.)
Requirement for Work in Baskets
-All work to be matted and in plastic sleeves or small works on canvas, which can have frames
– Baskets to contain only original artwork – NO PRINTS
– Each artwork must be labelled with artist name, title, size, medium, and price and label is to be affixed to the OUTSIDE of the plastic sleeve as it will be removed on purchase. Only one box per entry. No books, calendars etc.
– List of work with the above information to be given to cash desk
– Artists can share a basket
– Minimum price on matted work is $20.00
All participants are required to help with the show and bring a small bag of wrapped candy. Duties will be assigned by the show coordinator. EVERYONE IS TO HELP WITH TAKEDOWN.