June 27 to August 1st, 2019
Six Sessions 2 1/2 hours each
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Please arrive at 6:15 to help to set up the studio
Open to 16 Members Only
By understanding light and shadow families, and how correct values can be established for each family, colour becomes easy to mix for a beautifully balanced painting. It’s seldom the colours that do not work in a painting but rather the values. This class offers and teaches several useful techniques used by many of the well-known and successful painters of landscape and other genre.
- Your own personal palette of favourite colours, acrylics or oils
- Pad of drawing paper and pencil
- Black pen – thick wedge type
- usual painting equipment;
- rags, paper towels, water jar or solvent container
- Your favourite brushes, one 1″ or so for quick block-ins
- peel paper palette – medium gray is helpful to judge your values
- Lots of photos with definite light and shadow areas in them!!!
- 5 or 6 canvases approx. 11″ x 14″ (dollar store variety fine – 2 or 3 for exercises and 1 or 2 will be for a finished piece) (just not too big or too small).